Thursday 1 October 2015

School Days......


"Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart."

No matter who you were or are, what you did or do, how old and weak you get, your memories from school will always remain one of your most prized possessions. Those brash and cocky athlete, dying to conquer the world, which I did not know much about. The times when me and and my friends sat on the last bench and ate our tiffin during class; the times when my best friend 'helped', yes the word is "HELPED", me with the answers to a science test and all i had to do in return was buy him a samosa from the school canteen; the detentions that gave me some of my best friends; the first taste of rebellion i got from bunking a Maths class; my first crush; my first heartbreak; the most wonderful memories from the best time of my life.

Don’t know why I remember the time I had spent in my school so much these days. May be because of the tedious and busy office hours, the monotonous behavior and lifestyle and the cold shoulders even amongst so-called best mates is allowing me to remember the innocent times of the past, times which would NEVER come back ever again!

These memories made me remember few lines I read somewhere, which goes like;

I walked through the gate of my old school,
Seeing myself with my friends, acting cool.

But now I am alone and with no friends,
My school days are over, the fun just ends.

I walked on the path, on which I walk several years ago,
Where I smile, laugh and cry but now am that so.

Slowly I opened the door of my old class room,
Seeing myself fighting with my friends with old broken broom.

But now only memories are here with me and I am alone,
I wish those good days could come back but they are gone.

Suddenly I realize years ago my heaven was here,
I see myself talking and murmuring with my friends everywhere.

I remember all my friends, whom I met on every sunrise,
“I really miss you all”, I said with tears in my eyes.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment